07 July, 2011

Dia de la Horchata... my other new favorite holiday

Spain keeps getting better and better! Fallas, Noche de San Juan, and now this: HORCHATA DAY!
My favorite Liaison Ruben sent me information about this day: Free horchata at noon! (and other assorted activities for children- but free horchata was the only one that appealed to me.... and even better: it took place at the best horchataria in Valencia!

So I got online at 11:45 and waited anxiously for them to start serving the goods. I felt like a kid waiting in line at the mall to tell Santa what I wanted for Christmas! Finally at 12:15, the line started moving. HORRAY! 

Within 45 seconds I was at the front of the assembly line being handed a pack of 2 Fartons, and a tall glass of Horchata! (mezcla- half liquid granitizado aka slurpee)



the line went all the way down the street!

stopping cars to give them a refreshing treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment